Sunday, October 16, 2011

Embracing the Past, Reaching for the Future

Yesterday while my family and I were hiking through the shell mounds by the marsh, we found this lovely photo spot. This tree that I found and the title of my blog post remind me of something I might learn in English class. The tree in my mind represents a person who has grown and with that has gained wisdom and knowledge. The tree is big at the bottom because it is familiar with its roots (i.e. where it came from), but as it stretches outward it is more small and fragile because it does not know what is in its near future. Like humans, we are more comfortable and familiar with things in the past and less comfortable with change, but sometimes we need to learn to let go in order to accept what is waiting in store for us in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment